Family education program for recovery
Studies show that recovery rates significantly increase when friends and family take part in the treatment process. We base our drug and alcohol treatment program on the understanding that a client’s family must also change if recovery is going to be long-term.
Our Family Education Program was designed to help educate you on the core concepts of addiction and to provide you with the information you need to begin the healing process. You’ll be given tools and resources to address problems effectively and have questions about addiction answered.
Some Key Concepts
- Defining codependency – being clear about the impact it has on both family members and the patient
- The Disease Model of Addiction – from the crushing physical and emotional toll to the progressive and chronic nature of the illness
- The Family Disease – insight into family dynamics, managing boundaries, roles, and expectations
- Understanding the early stages of recovery
- Communication skills, setting appropriate boundaries and limitations
- Education and resources on support systems and fellowships for family members
- Information on communicating with loved ones while in treatment
Every family is encouraged to attend no less than 12 AL-ANON meetings in no less than three different settings. Families must realize enabling attitudes and behaviors that perpetuate the recursive pattern of interaction that often results in relapse. Hearing other families speak about similar situations and issues can be both educational and comforting and can assist in recovery.
An affordable drug, alcohol, and dual-diagnosis treatment program.
Recovery rates increase when family and friends take part.
Don't lose momentum. We help plan long-term recovery.
CHANGE YOUR LIFE TODAY
Each day is another chance to change the course of your life. If you are ready to take control of your life, we are here to support you.